Digital Deets, LLC, dba School Deets
Date of last revision: July 14, 2020
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1. Personal Information You Provide to Us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
· Contact information, such as first name, last name, email address, postal address, fax number, and phone number.
· Account information, such as school name, information about the school, job title and role, language(s) spoken, and the username and password you set when registering for an account with us.
· Student information, such as first and last name, student ID number, grade, and homeroom teacher.
· Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
· Payment and transactional information, such as the information needed to complete any services you purchase on or through the Service (including name, credit card information, bank account number, billing and shipping information), and information about services you have used or purchased from us.
· Marketing preferences, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our and our community partners’ products, services, activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
1.2. Personal Information Collected Automatically. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our Service and other sites and online services, such as:
· Geolocation data, which we may collect if the App requests this information and you approve the collection via your mobile settings;
· Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
· Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
1.3. Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many online services, we use the following technologies:
· Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
· Flash cookies, or locally-stored objects, which are used on websites for purposes similar to cookies but allow storage of a larger amount of data.
· Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
· Software development kits, or SDKs, which we use in the App. A SDK is third-party computer code that may be used for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our App, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our App, or to facilitate online advertising. SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly via our App.
1.4. Referrals and Personal Information from Others. Users of the Service may have the opportunity to refer colleagues or other contacts to us and share their contact information with us. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so. We may also collect personal information from schools and other users, such as contact details and student information.
1.5. Personal Information from Third Party Platforms. If you connect or otherwise sign into the Service through a social media or other third party platform, such as Google or Facebook, we may collect information from that platform. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information via the third party platform, such as your contacts or email address.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1. To Provide Our Products and Services. We may use your personal information to:
· provide with you with the content, features, products, and services you request;
· process your transactions;
· establish and maintain your account on the Service;
· display your content or share your information with schools, community partners, or users;
· understand your interests, personalize your experience on the Service, and deliver information about products and services relevant to your interests; and
· respond to your inquiries and requests for customer support, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
2.2. For Research and Development. We use personal information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users to make our Service and other products and services better and to develop new features and functionality. For example, we may do research on our users’ demographics and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, gathered from transaction activity, from our server log files or from surveys. This research may be compiled, analyzed or sold on an aggregated basis, which does not include information identifying individual users. School Deets may share this aggregated data with business partners or other third parties.
2.4. Direct marketing. We may send you School Deets-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt-Out of Marketing Communications” section below.
2.5. Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
· comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
· protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
· audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
· enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
· prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1. Other Users and the Public. Depending on your account type and how you use the Service, certain personal information, including first and last name and student first and last name, may be visible on the Service to your school community, such as user first and last name, student first and last name, School Deets’ user role, and school position. The Service may also provide you with opportunities to post or make available content, messages, and other information to other users of the Service or the public. For example, you may be able to post your content in a public forum on the Service or participate in a message board. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to them. Please be aware that any information you post publicly can be cached, copied, screen captured or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines) before you have a chance to edit or remove it.
3.4. Business Partners. We may share your personal information with our trusted business partners, such as those that have joined our programs, participate in our events, or jointly offer content, promotions and other service offerings with us.
3.6. Professional Advisors. We may disclose your personal information to our professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
3.7. Business Transfers. If we sell all or part of its business or make a sale or transfer of assets or are otherwise involved in a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, School Deets or our affiliates or subsidiaries (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction, including at the negotiation stage.
3.8. Advertising partners. We may disclose your personal information to third party advertising companies that collect information about your activity on the Service and other online services to help us advertise our services, and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms.
4. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES, BLOGS, FORUMS AND SOCIAL MEDIA
The Service may have links to other websites, apps or other internet-based technologies whose privacy practices may differ from ours. Please be aware that School Deets is not responsible for the privacy practices of these locations. When you use a link to go from Service to another website or app, the privacy statement for that other location governs. We encourage you to carefully read and understand the privacy statement of any Internet location you visit. We do not review the terms of others’ privacy policies. We suggest that you contact those third parties directly for information on their privacy, security, data collection and distribution policies.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
School Deets is based in the United States of America. If you are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law and you provide personal information to us, please note that any personal information that you provide to us may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing your personal information, where applicable law permits, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein or in any applicable terms of service.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. Digital Deets uses all reasonable safeguards to ensure and protect your privacy. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of your personal information.
8. YOUR CHOICES
You can make the following choices with respect to your personal information.
8.1. Change Account Information. If you have registered for an account with us and wish to change your contact information or other information stored in the account, you may update or change that information within your account or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the change.
8.2. Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at email@example.com. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
8.3. Third party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through your account on a third party platform like Google or Facebook, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
8.4. Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity and patters on the Site. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies by clicking here and about how Google protects your data by clicking here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing a browser plugin available here.
8.5. Advertising choices Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and are subject to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising published by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can obtain more information about these companies’ information collection practices, and opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating NAI and DAA members at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and/or the DAA’s website at optout.aboutads.info. App users may opt out of receiving interest-based advertising in mobile apps provided by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices. You can also limit collection of your information for interest-based ads by blocking third party cookies in your browser settings or using privacy plug-ins or ad blocking software that help you block third party cookies. In addition, your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for targeted online advertising purposes. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Some of the third party advertising companies we work with offer their own opt-out options that you can use to limit their use of your information for interest-based advertising, such as Google (info and opt-out) and Facebook (info and opt-out). Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms or do not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above. Even after using these opt-out mechanisms, you may receive interest-based advertising from other companies.
8.6. Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
8.7. Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
9. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with Company are entitled to ask us once a year for information regarding the personal information we have shared, if any, with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to submit such a request, please submit your request in writing to the address listed in the section titled “Contacting Us” below and include the words “Shine the Light” in your correspondence. The request must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code and an attestation that you are a California resident. We are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
10. CONTACTING US